2003 Big Mike's Klock Werks Kustom Chopper
Klock Werks Kustom...Legend Air Ride, (New Style)...126" S&S built by Kendall Johnson...152+ RWHP..!!
This is one FAST bike,
and it also rides great
since it is a Softail and has the "New Style" Legend Air Ride Suspension which was just installed in June, 2009..! But.., here's the reason it's so fast. This super nice custom has a balanced 126
" S&S Kendall Johnson
engine with Kendall's "specially massaged" Heads and Cams combined with Electronic Compression Releases. (The Heads, Cylinders and Engine Case are also polished.)
Naturally, it has all of the other "tweaks" Kendall does to an engine too, so consequently it is putting out 152 horsepower to the rear wheel..!!
With the Polished Close Ratio Baker Transmission, 48 Mikuni Carb, Twin-Tech Ignition, BDL Top Fuel Clutch with Heavy Duty Springs, BDL Top Fuel Primary Drive, Exile Sprocket and Rotor, WCC Hell Bent Exhaust, and many other trick components, this is a bike that REALLY "gets" down the road. Whether it was the person that took it for a ride or the person that got their "tail whipped" in a fun sprint race against it, the comment is always the same: "Damn - that thing is FAST!!"
It has been in many national magazines including Hot Bike (1 of 50 Best Section), twice in Street Chopper, shown in Air Brush Action and was even the Cover Bike for the Dakota Digital Catalog. It was commissioned by "Big Mike" for Klock Werks Kustoms to build who are located in Mitchell, SD. These are the guys that build the Klock Werks Windshields, Bag Extensions, Custom Exhaust and other items.
Klock Werks have had numerous bikes in National Magazines and won many National Awards and Competitions including holding current Bonneville Salt Flat Records in more than one category. It was also on tour and on display with Klock Werks at various rallies like Sturgis, Daytona Bike Week and other major events.
Now, here's the thing, when Big Mike wanted this bike built, Brian Klock knew it had to be a special bike, since Mike is a bouncer, (among other things), a BIG guy, and won't exactly fit on just any typical chopper. So.., Klock Werks put together a bike that was not only very cool, with TONS of power, but a bike that was dependable and would fit a big guy AND be fun to ride..!! After all, would you want a bouncer to be ticked off at you..!! Actually, Mikes' a SUPER NICE guy, but you know what I mean!!
As I am writing this description, I can recall sitting on the bike and thinking, "ok, this is not for a small guy", but I am only about 6' and about 235 and it fits me very well. What I'm getting at is, even though Mike is a much bigger guy than me, this chopper will fit a number of statures.
I am including a list below to give you an idea of the quality of components such as the Xtreme Machine Barbaric Chrome Wheels ($3000), Xtreme Machine Custom Tank and Rear Fender and Wernimont/Klock Front Fender ($2300), the Baker Close Ratio Trans ($2100), the WCC Hell Bent Exhaust with Heat Wrap ($1100), the Performance Machine Master Cylinders, Hand Controls, Throttle Housing Assembly and Forward Controls ($2000), BDL Top Fuel Primary Drive ($2500), Exile Sprocket/Brake Drive Kit ($670), Custom Fabricated Handle Bars with a Dakota Digital Speedo installed in the center ($750), Legend Air Ride Suspension - New Style ($1500), and of course the REAL "hot ticket", the Kendall Johnson built 126" S&S Fully Polished Engine producing 150+ RWHP ($10,000).
The list of "top shelf" quality components that were used in this Custom Build just goes on and on, but you can clearly see why "Big Mike" had so much money invested in the bike. It was built RIGHT..!! Suffice it to say with the original build cost and the other changes he has made since then, it is in excess of $40,000 by a good margin.
Partial List of Components & Approximate Original Cost:
- Xtreme Machine 240 Custom Built Softail Frame (40 Degree Rake w/4" Stretch/8" Rise) - $3449
- Xtreme Machine Single Down Tube Frame Option - $750
- Xtreme Machine Strutless 11" Softail Rear Fender - $699
- Wernimont Front Fender (Trimmed Down) - $230
- Front Rambler for 21" Front Fender - $215
- Xtreme Machine Chopper Tank with Mounting Hardware - $1350
- Hot Match Pop-Up Gas Cap - $180
- Arlen Ness Billet Chrome Mirror - $52
- Works Performance Adjustable Shocks - $480
- Barbaric Front Chrome Wheel (21" x 2.15") - $1224
- Barbaric Rear Chrome Wheel (18" x 8.5") - $1762
- Barbaric Brake Chrome Left Front Rotor - $300
- Avon Venom X 80/90 H21 Front Tire - $98
- Avon Venom R 250/40 HR Rear Tire - $237
- Headwinds Concours Chrome Headlight - $210
- Quartz Halogen Bulb - $39
- Get Bent Kickstand - $200
- Xtreme Chrome Triple Trees - $600
- Exile Sprocket Brake Kit (50 Tooth) - $670
- Inside Radius License Plate Mount w/light - $501
- Doss Switch Mount Assembly - $40
- PM Contour Clutch Lever Assembly - $200
- PM Contour Forward Controls w/ 2" Extension - $1000
- PM Throttle Housing Assembly - $75
- PM Contour Master Cylinder Control - $300
- PM Chrome Direct Bolt-On 4 Piston Caliper - $450
- Stainless Brake Line Clear Coated (2) - $64
- Motor Mount Top, Front, Rear - $26
- Xtreme Machine Cycle Design Rear Axle - $130
- West Coast Chopper Hell Bent Pipes - $1000
- Exhaust Heat Wrap - $60
- Handle Grip Set (Chrome) - $150
- Swingarm Bearing - $60
- Dakota Digital Gauge - $244
- Trans Mount Indicator Pickup Sender - $80
- Gladiator Smooth Spiked Axle Covers - $80
- Baker 23 Tooth .5" Offset 530 Chain Sprocket - $191
- Chrome Handle Bars - $195
- Handlebar Extensions - $55
- Chrome Fender Bracket - $75
- 14" Over Frank's Forks - $664
- BDL Monster Open Primary 3-3/8" W/ Side Guard - $2552
- DS Chrome O-Ring Chain - $107
- Profire Dual Coil - $74
- Danny Gray Custom Seat - $600
- Deuce Front Axle Dakota Billet - $140
- 126" S&S Natural Engine - $6230
- Builder Kit (S&S Motor, Starter, Regulator) - $1152
- Kendall Johnson Cam Shaft (Special Grind) - $191
- Mikuni 48mm Polished Carb - $629
- Mikuni Shorty Supersucker - $302
- Chrome 90 CV Shoulder Mount Elbow - $120
- Long High Performance Filter - $50
- Polished Heads - $650
- Polished Cylinders - $650
- Polished Engine Case - $300
- Legend Air Ride Suspension (New Style - Installed 5/09) - $1500
- Klock Werks Custom Fabrication on Bike - $2500
- Kock Werks Paint/Labor/Installation (Savettron Silver - HOK) - $3000
- Miscellaneous Components Too Numerous to Mention - $1700
TOTAL COMPONENTS, CUSTOM FABRICATION AND ASSEMBLY COST - $40,000+ (Approximate, including tax...)
Ready to Ride
This bike has been ridden and enjoyed - it has not been a wallflower - so it is very road tested, proven worthy and ready to ride. It has also had a complete service done on it this last 2009 riding season and has been in storage since.
There was about $1300 spent on the bike which included items such as Lower Rocker Housing Gasket, S&S Top End Gasket Kit, Spark Plugs, S&S Rocker Cover Gasket Set, Exhaust Gasket Set, Mobil 1 Oil Change with Chrome Oil Filter, new Bosch Relay, R&R Rocker Boxes, Heads and Jugs for Valve Job, New Valve Job and New Seals, Adjust Chain and Clutch, and Tighten All Bolts and a Complete Inspection of the Entire Bike.
So.., as you can see, this bike is ready to head out and ENJOY..!! Oh.., and BTW.., the custom graphics on the paint are brand new as of June of 2009, along with the addition of the (New Style) Legend Air Ride System.
A Bargain Without the Wait
THIS IS THE WAY TO BUY A CHOPPER..!! When you buy this Custom Bike you are saving a TON of money and still getting all of the expensive components, technology and special fabrication from a very respected builder.
And.., the greatest thing about it is the fact you don't have to WAIT FOR IT TO BE BUILT. It is done, proven, serviced and ready to ride and enjoy RIGHT NOW..!! And.., at a FRACTION of the original cost..!!
MY PRICE: $18,450